Paleo Cacao Almond Flour Waffles made with just seven ingredients. Really just four ingredients if you don’t count the spices and baking powder. These waffles have quickly become a go-to over here for breakfast.
I love that they are made with almond flour too because it is super satisfying and filling (hello healthy fats + protein), something traditional waffle are not. These remind me of eating a chocolate muffin or something sweet for dessert and they don’t require a lot of steps or anything crazy to whip up.
My favorite part of these waffles though is the addition of REBBL Reishi Chocolate. You guys know my love for REBBL runs deep. I recently shared the REBBL rainbow in my fridge with you on the blog and broke it down about how I found them, why I drink REBBL and the amazing cause behind the brand.
REBBL is the type of product that you can pick up at the store and drink straight from the bottle (which is how I usually enjoy it). But I also love that you can use it just like you would any other nut-based milk. It is a delicious addition to smoothies, baking, anything! It adds the extra adaptogenic boost or protein boost depending on which flavor you use.
I love making creations with the Reishi Chocolate because reishi isn’t something I personally use daily. I only have it in my favorite REBBL drinks, and I like that I am giving my body that extra love from reishi when I do.
Reishi is known to support a healthy immune function, protect and detox the liver and help to promote healthy aging (sign me UP for that ha!). Reishi is also the most scientifically studied medicinal herb in the world. It is really a mushroom that has been called the “Divine Mushroom of Immorality” as my friends at REBBL have taught me. This is because of its almost endless list of healthy benefits.
Before you make these waffles though, head over to my Instagram where we are GIVING AWAY cases of REBBL to a couple of lucky winners. Hope you guys love them!!
WHAT YOU NEED
REBBL Reishi Chocolate (note that this recipe only calls for some of the bottle! I usually drink the rest as I make the waffles or save for later!)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup REBBL Reishi Chocolate
- 1 + 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and REBBL Reishi Chocolate (sub nut milk if you do not have)
- Add in almond flour, baking powder, cacao powder and cinnamon and mix with spatula until well combined (it should be a little thick/little thin!)
- Heat waffle iron according to directions (I usually grease mine before to prevent sticking)
- Add about 2-3 large spoonfuls to the iron to make one waffle and cook accordingly to directions (please note this will vary based off size of your waffle iron)
- Repeat for all the batter then enjoy waffles!
- *Will stay good for about 5 days in fridge or freeze for longer
Thank you REBBL for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands that I love and who support rachLmansfield!